In many houses you will find wooden floors. They look good and different; but how functional are they? Wooden floors have both their advantages and disadvantages.
- Wooden floors are very easy to clean and maintain. Dirt and stains don’t stick to the floor, so you can just wipe it out with a simple cloth.
- The color of wooden floor doesn’t change. It will stay the same for a long time.
- Unlike carpets, wooden floor doesn’t have the scope for allergens. So, people who have problems using carpets because of allergy can use wooden floor and avoid any allergy related health hazard.
- You get variations in patterns with wooden floors. There are different types of colors and patterns in wooden floor.
- Wooden floors are strong and tough. Even if you drop something heavy, it won’t have a dent.
- Wooden floors increase the value of your house. So, if you decide to sell your house, you will get a better price for it.
- It is versatile and so you can style it in any way.
- Wooden floors are expensive. Not many people would be able to afford it. These are time consuming to install. So, you need professional help which can be expensive.
- Wooden floors are cleaned with wood floor cleaner. With time, the wood can loose its shine. So, you might have to wax it.
- Wooden floors can be slippery making it difficult to walk on it.
- Wooden surfaces are vulnerable to moisture and humidity. This eventually deteriorates the quality of the wood.
- Wooden floors can get noisy when certain types of shoes are worn. This will disturb the other people in the family.
You must weight the advantages and disadvantages before making wooden floors for your house. However, if you can afford wooden flooring, then it can be a good option.